Saturday, May 23, 2015

Easy commute.....

Right beside the bee hive, the yellow rose of Texas is blooming like mad!  The girls that have this plant assignment don't have far to commute to get their work done!!

The yellow rose of Texas blooming almost inside the bee hive!

This rose is so, so, so fragrant!  And a vigorous grower!  Before next season I need to do some heavy duty shovel pruning.

And. if you can indulge me for still more flower photos, keep looking.  Everything is so pretty right now in the yard.

My favorite iris and a spectacular clematis in the background.

A closer look at the clematis.  Every day more and more flowers open.

This is a beautiful peony.  Not the really old cultivar like the photos a few days ago.  And a very pretty iris in the background.

I love this single white peony.  I have a couple of these and they are always so showy.

Very tiny and delicate pinks.  They look like miniature carnations.

Miss Kim lilac and a wonderful single peony.

If only you could get close enough to smell the glorious fragrance of this gal.

"Black" iris.  It's really not black, but just about as close as you can get in the plant world.  I love it with the sun shining through the blossoms.

Another stunning peony.

The tri-color beech at it's peak color for the season. Painted daisies in the foreground.    

A close up of the tri-color beech leaf.  So striking.  The color will fad a bit as the season progresses, but it will remain this yummy red color until fall. 

The first rose to bloom.  I think this is Mordens Blush, but I wouldn't swear to that. 

I planted the garden yesterday and the day before.  It is so terribly dry, that I had to water just as soon as the last seed was sown.  Every year, when I plant, I imagine that this will be the best garden yet!  The cabbage won't get aphids or worms, the beets won't be attacked by the leaf hopper beetle, the corn won't get smut, the tomatoes will actually produce instead of growing enormous amounts of foliage, etc. etc.  Time will tell, and you will be the first to hear about the successes and the failures of the 2015 gardening season.

What a display today with the clouds and the deep blue sky.  The garden is planted and ready to grow, grow, grow!

What I love most about my yard and garden is the planting and the tending.  Using the produce is nice, and of course the colorful and beautiful flowers brighten each day, but what I really love is the planting and the tending.  Hopefully, there will be produce galore to share with friends, family and neighbors!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What lovely pictures Linda. Dennis told me about your blog. I'm so glad you are doing this. I close my eyes and I can hear the wind and the quiet...

    ReplyDelete