Thursday, January 11, 2018

In Progress

A few posts ago, I talked about some of the projects that I am currently working on.  Here are a few photos of the progress on one of those projects, the one I call "The Chenille Quilt".

I am hand quilting with what is know as utility quilting.  Chunky yarn, simple pattern, and in my case, uneven stitches. 

I kind of like how it is coming along.  Not quite half finished, but then I haven't been working on this exclusively.  Updates on more projects in the next few days.

I am using blue painters tape to mark the quilting lines.

A little closer look.

I go one direction and then come back with the other.  I wish my stitches were more even, but they just aren't.  

Each block will have an X through it like this block, when finished. 

I like to leave a long tail when I reach the end of the working area, so that I can just pick up that thread and continue once the quilt is rolled in to place for the next section.

This may look like a tangled mess, but it's not.  Just trying to get the thread up off the floor.
My goal is to finish this by the end of January.  I need to narrow my focus a bit, in order to make that happen.  Narrow focus is the challenge right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment