Saturday, May 19, 2018

Back in the saddle

I've been away from Rolinco Road Ramblings for quite a while!  The last six weeks have been busy and emotional with my dad's passing.  I am reminded as I spend time outside in the yard and in the field, that there are seasons for a reason.  It's a good lesson, to accept and adjust to the changes that happen every day, big and small.

Last Sunday, on Mother's Day, I took a few moments to wander around the yard and snap some photos of the beautiful blooming plants in the yard.  It was a spectacular Mother's Day bouquet!

The snowball bush and lilac are competing to see who is the most fragrant!


The bees love the snowball bush and were frantically working to gather as much pollen as they could.


These pansies are almost ready to give up, but this day they were still very pretty.  A few hot days last week made them very unhappy!

And speaking of fragrant!  The wisteria was a real treat on a warm evening, filling the air with the sweetest scent.

Also a favorite of the honey bees!

I love bleeding heart.  

And another shot of the lilac.  This is the prettiest that I can remember it blooming.

Another busy bee!
This clematis was new last summer.  It is cover with blossoms.  I can't wait to see it in bloom.

And this guy is loaded, just waiting to give a spectacular display.

No comments:

Post a Comment