Sunday, January 27, 2019

Sewing room time

One of the things I love about winter is that I get to spend extra time in my sewing room, piecing quilts.  I am having a hard time staying focused on one project, so have two going at once!

When I made my winter project list I discovered that the maple leaf fall quilt has been on the list for a couple winters!  I am determined to finish it this winter!


Making the four patches that go in the corners of the chain block.


A box of four patches!

Putting the chain blocks together.


Finished chain block.  There are 119 of these and the same number of maple leaf blocks.

Here's the quilt laid out on the floor of my room.  Next step is to sew all these blocks in to rows and then sew the rows together.  


This bright and happy yellow striped fabric will be a summer quilt.  I really had no intention of starting this particular project this winter, but then my best friend Beth got an idea.......and well, her favorite saying......"you know what you could do".......and there you have it!










No comments:

Post a Comment