Saturday, April 9, 2022

Summer Quilt

 Continuing with the seasonal quilt theme for each bedroom...... I'm nearing completion with just two more to go.  This will be a summer quilt.  I bought the print fabric so long ago I don't even remember where or when it happened.  This past fall I purchased the white background at One Sister Designs, formally The Buggy Barn. It has taken me this long to come up with a plan for the prints.

Laying out the print fabric to get an idea of what this will look like.  

I decided on a vintage look with a 16 patch checkerboard block.

Pressing the four patches so they can be worked in to the 16 patch.


This is a neat way to press the seams so that they lay flat where they meet.  

Finished piecing the top and ready to go to Nicki for quilting.  

A close up of the quilting by Nicki

On the bed, just to see how it looks.  I'll wait until the first of June to put it on for the summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment