Monday, April 3, 2017

Palouse Falls

Yesterday we took a drive to Palouse Falls State Park.  It's an amazing geological formation, caused by the great Missoula Flood centuries ago.  Because of the wet spring and heavy run off from snow melt, the falls are running high.

On our way to the falls we came across this beautiful herd of straight bred Hereford cattle.  This is my dream.  I have always wanted to have a cattle ranch, full of Herefords.  I love this breed of cattle.  My brother asked me why I liked them so much and I said, "because they are so pretty"!
These are just a few of the cattle we saw on our way to the falls.

Aren't they girls just darling?
 We were surprised when we arrived at the entrance of Palouse Falls, to see a large line up of cars waiting to get in to the park.  We waited for about 45 minutes before we were able to enter.

The line up waiting to get in to the park.

Reynald and I have been here three or four times before but my parents and my brother do not remember ever seeing the falls.  It was well worth the wait!


Mom and dad at the falls.

Looking down the canyon.  I think this is so beautiful.  

This is called cathedral rock.  It's at the top of the falls, on the west side.   There are all kinds of tails for hiking.  You can see that several people have ventured over to this area.

We visited Palouse falls when our girls were very young.  At that time there wasn't any fencing or developed paths for hiking.  You could walk right up to the edge of the cliff and look over.  Reynald was a nervous wreck, fearing the girls would go right off the edge.  He kept a tight grip on their little hands.

Across the way, opposite of the park, were these three mountain sheep.  I'm not sure they are mountain sheep or mountain goats, but they were beautiful.   


1 comment:

  1. The falls look amazing. Love the Herefords,Grandpa's favorite!

    ReplyDelete