Thursday, April 27, 2017

Spring Pledge drive

I spent a few hours this past week pitching for Spokane Public Radio.  I really love doing this.  Who knew that if given a microphone, a set of headphone and an audience, I can babble on and on and on?  OK, that's probably not a huge surprise!

I am a big fan of Spokane Public Radio.  Because of my job, I have an opportunity to listen for several hours each day.  I have no trouble extolling the virtues of public radio in general and our little station in particular.  It's great fun, I love the people at the station and volunteers that come in to help out during the drive.  We had a super successful drive.  There are great things ahead for Spokane Public Radio. And of course it's not to late to give your pledge of support, which you can do by calling 1-800-328-5729 or hop on line to make a secure pledge at spokanepublicradio.org

Here are just a few images.....

Jim Armstrong has been involved with Spokane Public Radio for three decades.  I've been listening and supporting that long, but have only recently gotten involved with the nuts and bolts of the station.

This is the "Wizard of Oz" control panel.  It makes me nervous to even get close to all these electronics!

Brian Lindsay and Peter Glarborg keep everything running smoothly.  

This is a shot of the pledge room.  Lots of organization needed to keep this running smoothly as well.  It's a beautiful dance that I'm honored to be a part of in a very small way.



No comments:

Post a Comment