Sunday, August 5, 2018

Harvest week in review

Right before harvest started, my camera konked out.  Reynald bought a new one at Costco when he did the pre-harvest grocery run, and I have figured out how to take photos with it, but I haven't figured out how to upload to use on my blog.  This will be an after harvest project!

So, for now, I have been taking more photos with my phone.  I am a fan of Instagram and post images regularly so until the new camera situation is resolved, I will post phone photos!

Here are a few from the last week of harvest. 

We started the week at the Topper Place.  I love cutting wheat here.  My commute to the elevator is about 100 yards!

Days end at the Topper Place.

A beautiful sunrise one day this week.

Harvesting at home is the best!

Baxter is supervising the process.

Filling my truck right outside the front door.

Another end to a safe and productive harvest day.

And another shot of harvesting at home.  

Baxter has been riding with me now that the wheat is cut around the house.  We are so afraid of coyotes coming around now that the "wheat fence" is cut.  We had to wait for a train to pass at Tokio.  Could he be counting cars?

Saturday night in the truck with Baxter.  He's not a huge fan of truck riding, but he puts up with it because this is the only time he gets to snack from my lunch pail.  He loves cantaloupe  and dried zucchini chips that Alicia is making in her food dehydrator.  

No comments:

Post a Comment