Thursday, August 23, 2018

Still smokey

and still mowing! 

I am still mowing, but will be taking a break for a few weeks from that project.  I need to start coil packing so that I can get it done before we start seeding. 

Today the wind picked up mid-afternoon so I stopped mowing, due to fire danger and spent the afternoon in the house, canning peaches!  Alicia and I started this process on Monday, but the fruit wasn't all ripe, but today the remainder was. 

And, skies are still smokey here.  There was some hope that a shift in the wind direction would move out the smoke, but since fires are burning in all directions, the wind just brought in different smoke!  Someday we will see a blue sky again!

This image was supposed to show the smoke, but it also shows mowed and not mowed straw!

Here's my faithful mower.  It takes a lot of abuse, and requires some fixing now and then, but for the most part, runs smoothly.

What didn't run smoothly this morning, was my Indy tractor.  About this time every year, he tells me that he needs to have the fuel filters changed.  Luckily, I know just the person for the job!

I love having an in house mechanic!  

Another shot of the smoke.  

And a few jars of peaches!
Charlie really loves corn, so he has taken to pulling ears off to eat.  But, when he pulls an ear off, the entire stalk comes along as well!  He takes the stalk to the grass and eats the corn off the cob, even though the corn isn't quite ready!  He was also eating peas today, and yesterday he was picking black berries!  He has a well rounded and healthy diet!

Charlie eating corn on the cob!
And look who else joins in on the fun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment