Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Yard remodel project

 I have been looking at a few plants in my yard for a couple years, thinking about moving them.  I underestimated how vigorously they would grow!

This wisteria would over take the house if I didn't chop it back two or three times each growing season.  It's so beautiful and the fragrance is amazing so I want to keep it around if possible.  

The yellow rain tree has been dying for a couple years.  At first I thought it was and insect problem, then I thought perhaps drought, but I tried to fix both problems to no avail.  I'm just going to let it die and let it serve as the perfect trellis for the wisteria.  

This is where the wisteria has lived for several years.  

And I hope this is where she lives for several more years!

And this climbing hydrangea has just outgrown this space, so I moved it to the fence, where like the wisteria is can just grow and grow and grow.



Former home of the climbing hydrangea.

And her new home.

Hopefully the transition isn't so traumatic that either plant won't recover.  Fingers crossed and lots of extra water through out this growing season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment