Monday, January 18, 2016

Porch Quilt

A few days ago it started to snow.....that big flake kind of snow that just kind of floats down to the ground quietly and gently.  It was so pretty.  This happened right as we were finishing our lunch.  Though we both felt like we had tons of work to do, we decided to extend our lunch break and quickly made a cup of hot cocoa, grabbed the winter porch quilts and went out to the porch to watch the snow fall.

This is exactly why I made these two porch quilts.  OK, so, the snow only lasted a flake or two longer, once we got our chocolate heated, and then snuggled under the quilts, but it was still wonderful!

This was supposed to by the "boy" quilt, because of the colors, but these colors suit me better than they suit the boy in my house.

 Before Christmas, I bought a tin of the Starbucks hot chocolate mix.  It was definitely worth the extra pennies!

My two boys with the "girl" quilt!  Reynald favors these colors more than I do, so we are going to have to switch our designation.  

Baxter doesn't really care what color the quilt is!


4 comments: