Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sewing Center

A few weeks ago my dad delivered a brand new sewing center!  It still smelled of freshly applied finish to all the wood.   Dad started with rough quarter sawn oak lumber and ended up with this.....truly amazing and spectacularly beautiful.

You may remember that I started out last year with the new cutting table that he made for me.  Now my room is complete with the best equipment I could hope for.  I may never leave this room again!

Dad assembling my new sewing center.

Baxter is always willing to help!

You can see that we had to move the unit in to the basement in pieces.

Fully assembled, ready to be used.  
 

I'm still trying to decide what goes on the walls, and where it all goes.  Just kind of shaking hands with the new look.

I found these darling knobs on Etsy and I'm so thrilled with them.

Behind the above knob, is this drawer with the super cool insert that dad made for thread storage.

Another neat knob.....

and can you guess what is in this drawer?

Another favorite knob...
The first quilt from the new sewing center.  One of the "fall quilt" series!

A closer look at the blocks.  A scrappy 16 patch....all pieces from my stash so I didn't buy anything!

2 comments:

  1. Looks so great!! I think you definitely should spend loads more time down there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! But I'm not surprised, your dad does fantastic work. You may never leave except to clean the equipment, farm, garden, go to a quilt retreat, cook, make sausage, go to quilting retreats and school board meetings, etc. Linda, I just don't know how you have time to do it all and to do it so well. Probably having all the great equipment and being so organized. You are one amazing lady farmer!

    ReplyDelete