Sunday, November 13, 2016

November Yard Report?

This morning, before I went to work on the tractor, I planted the rest of the wedding chrysanthemums.  It's supposed to be chilly and rainy for the rest of the week.  A frost is predicted for Thursday night, which would be our first killing frost of the season!  I wanted to get those mums in the ground before the ground froze up!  In the meantime, summer annuals are still blooming.  It's actually starting to look kind of odd.  This late in the season and the dahlias and begonias are still blooming like mad!

I had to take a few photos so that I could look back one day, on this late fall, and remember that I still had all this color in the yard on November 13th.  

We were treated to another amazing sunrise this morning.  

This rose looked so pretty in the morning light.

Tuberous begonias still in full bloom.

A little closer look.

And dahlias....my goodness.  These are tender plants.  

Such a pretty dahlia bloom.

I love the foliage on this geranium.  The flower isn't much but who cares with foliage like this!

I dead headed all the geraniums about a week before the wedding, thinking that would be the last time I would need to do it.   Who knew, over a month later, they would still be blooming like crazy.  Not going to dead head again however!

Look at this pretty rose!


And this one!  Loaded with bloom

The grape vines are giving a long and beautiful color display this fall.

And inside the garage, the Thanksgiving cactus are blooming as is the anthyrium.  (Google doesn't like how I spelled that and a quick dictionary search didn't turn up anything, so I'm leaving it as is!)

I'm dreaming of a greenhouse.  Someday.......

Thanksgiving cactus, which will be finished blooming by Thanksgiving!

And a different color Thanksgiving cactus and this plastic looking anthyrium.  

I promise, this is not a fake plant!  I swear by watering my plants with water that I put in to empty wine bottles.  Reynald says I'm crazy, but I think the proof is right here!  It's clear that I need to continue to drink wine so that my plants can be healthy and happy!!


1 comment: