Monday, November 21, 2016

When I Make Mistakes....

I try and try again!  When Roni Jo was a very little girl, one of her favorite books was "I Like Me" by Nancy Carlson.  She asked us to read that book to her time and time again, until she had it memorized and would "read" it to us.  It is a positive self esteem book with a good message.  One page in the book said, "when I make mistakes, I try and try again!"

I started making this bag over quilt retreat weekend and just finished it.  This project was a "when I make mistakes, I try and try again" project!  But finally, I got it and I love how it turned out.  If I would make another one tomorrow, I think I would have better luck getting it right the first, or maybe second time!

I had all this sewn together and didn't like the shape of the bag, so I tore half of it apart in an attempt to fix it!

It made a terrible mess of tiny strands of thread.  Not to worry, the vacuum cleaner was readily available.

So one of the tricks with this, is to hold the finished part of the bag level, rather than tipping it up, as you sew.

The bigger the bag gets, the harder this is to do.  It's so easy to tip it, which makes the bag get smaller and smaller towards the top, resulting in a vase, not a bag!

The finished product!  I love it!  Worth the time and the '"try and try again" until I got it right!!
PS  We finished our late fall farm work on Thursday afternoon.  Next up.....Thanksgiving!

3 comments: