Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Barn Concert Prep

Alicia and two of her flute friends, Clara and Jennifer, are giving a recital in the barn this Sunday, December 10th at 3pm.  The sun was shining brightly today, so even though it was chilly outside, the solar heating on the barn roof, made it quite pleasant for prepping the barn for concert goers!

These three master flutists have a fun and interesting program planned.  We hope you are able to take a drive in the country and enjoy their music.

The kids carried chairs up from the main floor when they were home for Thanksgiving.  That was a big help!

I still had fall decor laying around from our last quilt retreat.   And, we don't drink whiskey at quilt retreat, only wine.  Someone just brought this box to use for storage!

This corner is kind of a mess!

Chairs lined up, ready to be placed and wiped down.  They collected a fair amount of dust over the summer!

Reynald bought me a new shop vac for my birthday in April.  I LOVE it!  

Chairs set up!  The view from the back of the hall.

This looks a little better!  

I bought a fake Christmas tree at the Opera House rummage sale this past weekend.  When I got it out of the box, I discovered that the center pole is missing.  Back in to the box it went to be returned.

And doesn't this corner look nice again?

Louise donated these yard flags to brighten up our performance space.  I think I will put them in to old milk cans for display. 

 I almost finished my cleaning.  I just need to vacuum the entry way where Aunt Esther sits and the stairs.

Aunt Esther is ready to greet our concert guests!  

The sage bugs are so prolific this year.  The cold weather has slowed them down a little bit.  They are not a favorite of mine!

1 comment: