Saturday, June 30, 2018

Lavender's blue dilly dilly

This cool early summer has been good for plants and animals!  The lavender around the propane tank is beside itself with bloom and color and the honey bees are doing their best to keep up with it.  Also in this area I let the volunteer larkspur go and it is very happy and oh so colorful. And there are always volunteer gloriosa daisies that come, which I absolutely love!  This is the most colorful that the propane tank/compost bin section of the farm has ever been.

So much lavender!



Larkspur happily self sows .  I may be sorry that I let so much stay but it sure is pretty right now.   I'm going to throw some out in to the bee garden once it goes to seed.

These daisies make me smile!




The roses continue to put on quite a long standing show, again due to the cool days.  What a treat this has been, and this clump of lily is just outstanding.

This rose generally struggles but his year is is very happy.

Beth gave me this miniature rose a couple years ago and it is an overachiever!  Blooming most of the summer.  

I have forgotten the names of most of my roses, but this one I remember.  It's Mozart!

I love this lily with the tri-color beech tree in the back ground.  



No comments:

Post a Comment