Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Woman Quilt

I can't resist laying out a block or two in the mornings.  Remember, I said I never should have started this project.  It was a big mistake, because I really really want to be working on it, instead of doing all the things that really need to be done before harvest starts!

This is one block.  The finished block is 16" x 16".  

I'm a little to obsessive to go total random.  That is, I can't just grab from my stacks of fabric and hope the colors work.  What if there were two of the same together?  So I'm laying it all out first, which gets to be a little bit of a mess.
Here it is all laid out.  

It's kind of hard to tell what the final product is going to look like from these photos, but I think I really like it!  Here's the worst thing about starting this......it will have to sit there on the floor for at least a month!  Although, it gives me time to look at it now and again, to determine if it's right.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I have quilting friends and they really enjoy it. I, however, have no patience,talent or creativity (I do have a sewing machine).

    ReplyDelete