Sunday, July 30, 2017

Harvest support staff

I took photos of our harvest support staff yesterday.  It seems like a lot of vehicles but each has a purpose!   I love how they are all lined up at the edge of the field.

Support staff line up!

The Tonner.  The tonner has tools, the welder, small air compressor, grease gun and extra grease tubes, etc.  Kind of the all around service vehicle.

Raymond is our fuel truck.  He carries fuel from our bulk storage at the shop, to the field.  I love Raymond!

Green Gator, or Gigi.  Gigi tows the big air compressor that we use each day to blow off the chaff and dust from the previous day of harvest.  This helps reduce fire danger.

Big Boy.  Alicia is driving Big Boy back and forth to work.  She fills on road diesel at her place each night, in to the slip tank on Big Boy, then fuels both semi trucks in the mornings.

Bertha is full of water, in case of fire.  

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Roy again -- the support staff I remember was an old truck with a hand cranked fuel tank and a gas powered air compressor for the grease gun. I'm afraid I couldn't fit the modern farm scenario.

    ReplyDelete