Wednesday, July 26, 2017

On your mark, get set.....

wait!  We've all been working extra hard to get ready for harvest.  Alicia and I did all the rod weeding last week while Reynald worked on getting all the harvest machinery ready to go.  For a moment we though we might start harvest on Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday!  The draws are still a little green so we've been waiting.

But, some of the neighbors are cutting, and it's near impossible to sit around and watch that happen, so we're going to cut some grain tomorrow!

Both combines, Arthur the tractor and the bank out wagon.

Starbucks and Double Shot ready to haul a couple bushels of grain the next few weeks.

Raymond is filled with fuel and ready to go out to the field.

The last few days, Reynald and Alicia have been working on the second set of grain seeding drills.  They have put the hitch together and today they got the hydraulic cylinders put on.  It''s been terribly hot.  They are both going to be ready to get in to air conditioned comfort tomorrow!

The faithful gator hauling pieces for the drill.

This is the drill hitch that Reynald and Alicia put together yesterday.

Another view of the hitch!
I puttered around in the yard today.  I decided to harvest my garlic since I can't harvest wheat.  It's a bumper crop, though I'm disappointed in the size of the garlic heads.  I wasn't able to plant as early in the spring as I would have liked.  I may have to go back to planting in late fall.  Nevertheless, we should be able to keep the vampires away!

This is one of five piles of garlic from the garden!  

No comments:

Post a Comment