Sunday, September 24, 2017

A perfect fall day

It rained this week, almost 3/4 of an inch here at our house.  We went nearly 90 days with out rain, so you might imagine how refreshing this was.

A few days ago there were remnants of the rain clouds, dark soil soaking up the moisture and happy green wheat.  There is a lot of really beautiful scenery in this world, and I admit to having seen only the tiniest sampling, but right now, at this time of the year, what I get to look at each and every day, is my favorite!



This blank row is what happens when you have a plugged hose on your drill.  This problem was fixed after Alicia and I changes all the hoses on my drill!  

Look at the residue between the rows.   This will eventually turn in to soil.  In the meantime, it will hold moisture, cool the soil in the hot summer months and help prevent erosion.  


Three images of the sunset, because I couldn't pick just one that was my favorite! 



This coming week Alicia and I will be switching off on the tractor to start mowing the stubble that is left over from harvest.  It's a fun job, one I love doing, because when you are done, everything looks so neat and tidy!

No comments:

Post a Comment