Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A few spring flowers

A couple days ago I took a tour of the yard.  Typical spring weather here is cold and windy and that it has been.  The sun came out for a few minutes one day so I grabbed the camera and headed out to see what was blooming.  Not much yet, but the promise of more on the way.

Crocus are among the first flowers to bloom in my yard.

The dwarf forsythia is getting ready to bloom.  The bees love this little shrub.

I always have accompaniment when I am outside!

Charlie is a big fan of branches for chewing.  He makes regular trips to the brush pile behind the barn and drags his treasures back to the yard for chewing!

Crocus have such bright pollen anthers.  

The happy blooms don't last long on crocus so enjoy them while you can.  
Daffodils make me smile!

The Lenten rose gets prettier and prettier and the bees love it.

Daphne.....so bright and oh so fragrant.

Another honey bee favorite.

Another bee friendly bloom!

Mr. Bumble Bee loves it too!!



No comments:

Post a Comment