Friday, April 20, 2018

May the Angels lead you in to Paradise.

My dad died this morning.  He was diagnosed with small cell carcinoma over two years ago, and throughout most of those two years, he has been able to do nearly every thing he has wanted to do.

The last two weeks have been a struggle for him, as his health rapidly declined.  But the good news is that it was only two weeks.  We were able to provide 24 hour comfort care for him within our family unit, which was truly a gift for all of us.

Dad leaves an amazing legacy of compassion, truth, quiet resolve and more than a little bit of a stubborn spirit behind for us to grasp on to and model our lives by. 




Mom and dad are two weeks shy of celebrating their 59th wedding anniversary.  They were high school sweethearts and life long lovers and partners.  They have given us all the tools we need to navigate this new path, without dad physically present. 





Memories of this past year flood my brain tonight.  What a lucky family we are.







I know my dad is resting in peace, free from pain and discomfort and restored to full and robust health.  He will remain with us always, in each and every thought, each and every moment, each and every kernel of wheat that we plant and tend.






I love you so much dad.  Thanks for who you are and who you taught me to be.

3 comments:

  1. He was a good man and will be sorely missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad and mom are two of the finest people I've known. Jim was such a giving and kind man. I'm so glad that he was surrounded by those he loved when he passed away. Love, Hyacinth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda, I am so sorry, please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete