Monday, July 1, 2019

Summer Morning Storm Clouds

Last week we woke up to thunder and lightening and a beautiful sky.  After a sprinkle of rain it smells so good and a million beautiful diamond dew drop sparkles.






My yard has been particularly pretty the last few weeks.  A few photos of blooming plants!

The bee garden is happy!

Two years ago I moved the currant and gooseberry plants to the bee garden.  This particular currant plant is doing well.

Dwarf Shasta daisy in the bee garden.

Still in the bee garden.

View from the bee garden.  The lavender around the propane tank is in full bloom and so pretty.

I love my compost bin area!  It's so colorful.


A few years ago I lost my two columnar apple trees.  This spring I ordered new ones because I really love them.  

Another columnar apple on the other side of the brick pathway through the garden.

Looks like we will have grapes this year!

The raspberries are starting to turn color.  Raspberries love water.  I am trying to remember to water them frequently this spring/early summer.

This little area is a memorial garden for my dad.  The cross in the background is for our horse that died several years ago.  The fishing creel, rock, a few tiny plants that you can't see in this photo, and the Peace rose are for dad.

This rose is moving to the top of my favorite rose list, only slightly below Graham Thomas, or perhaps equal.  It's called South Africa and it is stunning.

St. Fiacre, the patron saint of gardeners.  

A few hosta plants with rose petal snow!



The rock garden is very pretty right now. 


Another favorite rose, Mozart, is almost finished with a profuse bloom.  I love how the petals fall and cover the ground with rose petal snow. 

A lot of people shun petunias but I love them.  They are a consistent blooming annual that require no maintenance once they are planted.

This rose is Morden Fire Glow.  The color in this photo isn't quite right.  It's actually an orange red which is very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment