Monday, November 19, 2018

Medical leave

Two weeks ago today I had a total knee replacement done on my right knee.  I haven't done much during these weeks except physical therapy exercises and sleep!

The first week was really rough, week two has been better, but still not a piece of cake.  I'm confident that the coming week will show even more improvement in movement and decreased pain.

Thank you for your patience during my time off.  I have plans to get back to my blog with renewed vigor!

This is the day after surgery.  I look pretty groggy!  But who could have a better recovery buddy?

Unless perhaps it was this fellow!

I spend time on the stationary bike every day, with yet another recovery buddy!

Ice, ice and more ice!

My knee today, significantly less swelling and gaining more mobility.
Roni Jo came home for a few days last week to help with my recovery.  What a treat to have an in house physical therapist!  I will continue with therapy in Davenport under the direction of Erinn at Peak Fitness.  I really love the work that she is doing, even if it hurts a whole bunch!

2 comments:

  1. You're a trooper...you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your daughter finally gets to tell you what to do and YOU have to listen. Good luck with your recovery.

    ReplyDelete