Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Meet Paula!

I try to make a new scarecrow every year, and I usually alternate between a boy and a girl.  This is my girl year!!  I usually buy clothes for the scarecrows at Goodwill, but this year, because of covid, I have not been out and about much.  So, I watched a youtube video on how to make a jean skirt out of an old pair of jeans and I set to work!  Chemyn sent me a wig, I made the skirt and the plaid shirt is an old one of Reynald's that had gone in to the recycle pile. 

Paula is named for Paul Funk who is making and amazing and courageous recovery from covid.  I know both Paul and Paula will have a busy summer.



This is how the morning started out, spectacularly gorgeous and it ended just the same.  We've had a fair amount of rain and now a fair amount of sun and warm weather is forecast.  Loving both!









And, with rain come mushrooms!  We've had two wonderful meals that include mushrooms harvested from around the farm.  They are so good! 





No comments:

Post a Comment