Saturday, November 28, 2020

Late Fall Project

It was really warm today, for the end of November.  Warm and sunny and no wind!  I took advantage of this beautiful day and did a late fall yard, or rather bee garden project.  

All summer I have been looking at a spot in the bee garden to build a fire pit.  I have changed my mind about that and we are now planning to build a pit in the trees in our pasture.  That project will have to wait until spring.  But today, I decided to build a small patio in the bee garden, with some left over bricks.  I put the small wood chairs that we usually have on our east porch on this little patio and I moved the lard pot near the patio for small, two person fires.

The fruits of my labor were rewarded as the sun moved lower in the sky and we sat in our chairs, on the little patio, with a small fire burning in the lard pot, a glass of wine, and plate of tasty appetizers.  And a cute little dog for extra company!

The beginning....choosing the site.

I used these left over bricks for the patio.  I've been moving these bricks around for the last 15 years, waiting for the right project to use them.

About half way finished......

and completion  

OK, this is staged because we used our everyday porch quilts once we actually sat down a few hours later.  These are a couple porch quilts that I made several years ago.  The fabric is Christmas themed but wild colors.  Definitely out of my box!  A friend gave the fabrics to me as a joke, knowing full well that I was going to struggle, but in the end, these two little quilts turned out kinda fun.

From this photo it looks like Baxter is interested in the fire, but he's really interested in the cheese on my plate.




No comments:

Post a Comment