Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Back to Work

 Several readers have asked where I have been hiding!  I don't have a good answer so I will say that I intend to start posting farm, family, yard and project photos again!  

Yesterday my one and only farm job was to weed 300 acres that is heavily infested with Rush Skeleton Weed and several Russian Thistle.  This is ground that we broke up following several years of CRP plantings.  It's lovely ground, but will take some time to rehabilitate and build up.  We are up for the challenge!

I was merrily farming when suddenly I heard a very loud "clunk" and I looked back and one weeder was dragging the wheels.  Naturally I stopped to investigate and this is what I found....

This giant rock was buried just below the soil surface.  

I hit it dead on with the center weeder drive boot.  The angle iron that holds the boot to the frame is bent and will require a great deal of repair.  Reynald removed this weeder from the line up and replaced it with one from a different set so that I could finish my job.  




No comments:

Post a Comment