Monday, August 2, 2021

Winter quilts

 Thinking about winter quilts may be a way to distract from the record heat that has gripped our area for the last few months!

Some may remember that I set a goal of making a seasonal quilt for every bedroom in our house.  I was closing in on that goal, until I decided that three of the Christmas quilts were just too "Christmas" to take us through the remainder of winter.  A sale at the fabric store in Odessa pushed me over the edge of making two winter quilts!  I already had a option that I have been using for the third.

This winter I set to work and completed these two.  Here's hoping for an abundance of snowflakes outside this coming winter, as well as inside!!

Bear's Paw block.  This turned out to be a bit more labor intensive than I originally thought it would be.  The piecing had to be precise, in order for it to be a striking quilt.  More than one seam was taken out and re-sewn!

Quilting by Nikki at Heartbeat quilting.  

Pineapple Log Cabin block.  I'm very pleased with how this turned out.  This is the second Pineapple Log Cabin quilt that I have made and it is one of my favorite blocks.

Quilting again by Nikki at Heartbeat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment