Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Crazy Bees

 This fall I started this Crazy Bee quilt, which is a design and piecing method by Janet Nesbitt of One Sister Designs.  I quite successfully resisted this project for several years, until Beth made it and I saw it in person.  That was my downfall.  That, and actually going to Janet's shop one fateful weekend, where the kit simply dared me to purchase.

This is a piecing method that is different than traditional piecing, in that points and corners are NOT supposed to line up.  This was so hard for me because I like order.  But, with Beth's patient guidance I eventually got the hang of the method and really quite enjoyed it.

Not sure if I will ever do another project using this method, but it was fun while it lasted.  

Bees before eyes and mouth.

Laying out the completed blocks to check for color placement, as if it really mattered!

Finished and quilted.  Nicki at Heartbeat quilting did the custom machine quilting, making this project come alive!  This makes me look forward to spring, and flowers and bees buzzing in the yard and garden.  


No comments:

Post a Comment