Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day

The Harrington cemetery has always been a favorite place of mine.  I love helping my parents clean up our family grave sites in the spring, and I especially like wandering around, looking at the headstones and remembering those that have lived their lives and contributed to this world.

This year there is a new addition to the cemetery, an idea hatched by my friend Beth, to place flags across the entire west end of the cemetery space.  Flags were donated in memory of loved ones.  Two service organizations, the Harrington Lions Club and the Harrington Homemakers did the work of placing the flags and noting the memorial donations.

I took several photos, and I can't decide which one I like best, so I've included more than one!!

Flags at the Harrington cemetery.




Last evening mom and dad and we went for a drive. There were some pretty wild flowers blooming and the sunset was amazing.  Again, I can't decide which photo I like best, so please indulge me, if you will, and scroll through more than one to get to the end!!!  Plus a cute little dog came along with us!!!




The landscape was aglow from the setting sun.


I love channeled scab land.  The smell of the sage was sharp and fresh.



How many ticks do you suppose Baxter picked up?  I've found two already this year on him.  I expect there will be more.


5 comments: