Wednesday, May 25, 2016

There's a bright golden

haze on the meadow.....

This morning when I went outside to do my morning chores, I was greeted with a beautiful sunrise that was casting a glorious golden glow over the field of wheat around our house.



Also noticed that the wheat is pollinating.  You can see the little bits of pollen in the photo below.  It's a very distinctive fragrance that says, "summer is just around the corner".


 This clearly isn't corn, and I'm not an elephant, but this wheat is almost as high as my eye!  I don't knew if we've ever had wheat this tall.  One day soon I'll have Reynald take a photo of me standing out in the field so you can get some perspective on the height.  The landscape is absolutely stunning these days.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like we will have to harvest:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we will have to harvest:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best view and soil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the best view and soil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved our time in Harrington and the beauty of the wheat fields in all stages. This and the quilt show photos bring back great memories.

    ReplyDelete