Monday, May 2, 2016

These are a few....

of my favorite things.....

Yesterday, Lynnie and Beth and I went on a little plant buying excursion.  First we stopped at Northland Rosarium.  This is the coolest plant shop ever!  The folks that own it start all the roses from bushes in their own display garden.  The roses that they have for sale are non-grafted.  You have seen how many roses I have in my yard, and they have all come from this shop!  I LOVE this place!  http://www.northlandrosarium.com/

But, I remained strong and didn't buy any more roses, though I was tempted nearly beyond my ability to resist.






They also carry the most spectacular clematis.  Again, I left my credit card in my purse, but oh my, was it hard!




These lilacs were part of the display garden.  One must come back here when the roses are in bloom.




And beyond the beautiful plants, there were plenty of clever things to catch your eye and think....hmmm......why didn't I think of that!

This is an old muffin tin filled with succulents!

And this is the top tray of a tool box.   So cute!

Of course the bicycle basket filled with a petunias is wonderful.

This darling wind chime is a thrift store tray with old silverware.  Now how fun is that?

I'm not a huge fan of these miniature gardens, but this one I thought was particularly clever.  

A closer look.

And this, oh my....A punch bowl and cups turned in to a lamp.  This was oh so creative.

And then, there was this darling little tool shed, made out of barn wood and rusted corrugated tin.  I'm crazy about it, but can't figure out where to put one, just in case I could get some help building it!




And, just one more thing.....I really loved this arbor.  My old wood one is getting pretty rickety and I'm starting to think about a replacement.  I took these photos because I think the welder in this house might be able to make one for me?




We left the Rosarium and drove a few miles to a quaint greenhouse in the country called Green's.  I used up all my discipline at the Rosarium and had none left once we arrived here.  This was a new greenhouse to me and I LOVED it too!!!  The folks that own and run it have the usual annuals and a few cool perennials, but they also had some unusual stuff that had to come home with me!

Green's greenhouse have these banty hens running around with chicks.  Added to the ambiance of the place.  


Then.....on our way home, Lynnie took the scenic route and we ended up in Espanola at a funky little greenhouse that she had been to before and again, my resistance was low.  I ended up with a few more plants here!  Lynnie's car was so full, from all that we bought, that we had to hold trays on our laps!!!



It was a really fun day.  Plants are still my first love.  Fabric is wonderful, but nothing beats going to a plant shop and bringing home some treasures!!


2 comments:

  1. I love the image of the car stacked full of plants and you guys holding even more! Glad you guys had fun!!

    ReplyDelete