Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Harvest Images

A few days ago, when I went out to do my chicken chores, the house was profiled in shadow from the rising sun.  I thought it was so cool so I scurried in to the house and got my camera.
House shadow on the field.  You can make out the house, the windmill and the chicken house.

Yesterday I took a ride with Alicia in the morning, while I was waiting for her to get a load to fill my truck.  There were all kinds of these spider webs on the grain.  The fine grain dust was caught on the webs that were built on the wheat head awns.

Spider webs in the standing wheat.

 I never tire of this site!

And I really love these straight lines and the patterns that the machines make when they cut the grain.



Yesterday we had our first 'break down".  The beauty ring on my Jake Brake toggle switch fell off and the switch disappeared in to the dash.  The Jake Brake was switched on, so I turned it to low and continued on my way to the warehouse and back to the field, where Reynald hopped off his combine for a few moments, removed the dash board area, retrieved the toggle switch, replaced the beauty ring and I was good to go!


And finally, coming home after a long day of work.  It hasn't rained for 55 days and it's dusty and dry in the fields and on the roads.  But, it made for kind of a neat photo!


The dust lingers like fog.  

1 comment: