Saturday, April 15, 2017

New arrival

My parents traveled to Cheney today to pick up my new bees.  Sadly, the group from last year did not survive the winter.  I have made every possible bee keeping mistake, and even added a few to the list!

The girls have arrived just in time.  The temperatures are supposed to warm up a bit this coming week, which will cause the cherry and apricot  trees to bloom.
The new girls in town!  Tomorrow I will put them in their home.   It's supposed to be sunny and warm.

One of the sweet cherry trees nearly ready to bloom.

These sweet cherry blossoms are just about to burst open.


My yard is a mess, but the daffodils don't mind!  They are happily blooming away, making me smile when I walk by or look out the window.  Right now getting our spring wheat crop planted is taking priority.  Pruning the roses, and mowing the lawn can wait, and will!
Kind of a mess, but the daffodils take the focus off the things that need to be done.

More than once a mouse has built a nest in this bull skull.  It is on Baxter's yard patrol route.

You can see that the roses need to by pruned and the lawn needs to be mowed, but the daffodils are giving quite a show.

'Tis the season for Baxter to check the sprinkler control boxes for mice.  Every day he will pry them open and look inside.

I really love this pasque flower.  

A few years ago Ron brought a clump of buttercups home in his hat for me.  Once they lost their bloom I planted them in the yard.  One of my favorite things about spring!

Year after year, I am a little underwhelmed by this dwarf forsithia. I need to give some serious thought to it's permanent spot in the yard.  


This plant name is Audrey.  It only blooms in the spring.  I found this plaque last spring at a flower shop and bought it to place in the garden in remembrance of our dog Audrey.  

I love all the color in this photo, and Baxter!

The sky was beautiful today.  

These daffodils at the corner are so bright and cheerful.

I was in Spokane this week and stopped at Fred Meyer where I found a great deal on seeding geraniums so I bought a few!

The garlic is coming up nicely, in very crooked rows.  I foolishly thought I could make a straight line with out drawing it first.  I'll call it artistic planting.

Look how much the rhubarb has grown.  Can't wait for that first pie!



1 comment: