Monday, January 15, 2018

MLK sunset

So many inspiring words today, in remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his leadership and efforts to propel our country to a more just and civil society.   I live a very insulated life.  In many ways I am appreciative and thankful for that.  I do not have to face the deep and significant challenges that so many in our world confront on an hourly basis.  But that does not mean that I can bury my head in the sand.  The struggle for equality continues.

So much to think about today.  So many words spoken and re-spoken, to help focus our thoughts on proactive and positive causes. I am lucky to live in a place where the sun sets quietly, and peacefully, and with great beauty.  I am grateful for the opportunity to take a few moments to watch that process.  I am grateful for the vision and the courage that people like Dr. King provide, so that I may witness the beauty of the earth, and those that inhabit it.  I am grateful for the tireless work that so many do, to move us more completely towards the dream that Dr. King spoke of and believed in.  I need to do more to promote that dream.   

Happy Birthday Dr. King.  May freedom ring....



1 comment: