Thursday, March 22, 2018

Quilting race

I really thought I would have to be back to work in the field by now, but Mother Nature is giving me some extra sewing time!

Last Friday I went outside to do some yard work but the weather changed and chased me inside.  Since I couldn't be outside, I opted for finishing up the piecing on the quilt that I worked on a few weeks ago at Stitchin' Chicks retreat.

This is the quilt top partially laid out on the floor.

This is half of the top sewn together.

Sewing the rows together.

One of the quilt blocks.....

and the other to make up the Double Irish Chain.

And, as soon as that was finished up, I pulled out another project that I cut and made samples of two winters ago.  It's time to get this one out of the box and on to a bed!  I'm quite sure I will not have time to finish this before my little Colt tractor calls me to work, but I should be able to get a few leaves, or at least parts of leaves put together.

This is the last fall quilt for the "season quilt series".  I would save the most time consuming and difficult for last!  Usually I do the hardest one first, then the rest seem like a breeze, but this time I reversed the process.  It's going to be so pretty when it is done.  Stay tuned......

Maple leaf blocks and chain blocks.  Beth says you always need to make up sample blocks before you cut everything, just to make sure the cutting instructions are correct.

Here are all my bags of parts and pieces!






I've started piecing the stem portion of the leaf together.  It's the most time consuming of that particular block.
I like to have several quilts cut and ready to sew.  That way once I finish a one project, I just pick up the next box and off I go on the next one!  I'm not even going to admit however, how many are cut and waiting!  It's more than two but less than ten!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment