Monday, March 12, 2018

Sunday afternoon drive

The afternoon temperatures rose to the mid 50's yesterday so Reynald got out the jeep and we took a drive to look at our fields.  (Condolences to east coast readers as I just heard that yet another Nor'easter is headed your way...ugh!)

Daylight savings time kicks my butt but I have to say, that I really enjoyed being outside late in to the day, as the sun was setting, pruning a few roses.  My body will adjust in a week or so.....

We love this little jeep.  His name is TJ.

Driving down our lane.


The crops look great.  This is our friend and neighbor, Les' farmstead.  The wide draw was one that Reynald remodeled last spring.  We've had several large water run off events this winter, yet this ditch did not wash our, which pleased us greatly.

On one of the back roads there was a huge herd of deer grazing on the winter wheat.  We counted at least 30, but there could have been more. 




When we got home I dug some carrots, which need to get out of the ground in the next week or so.  They are like candy.  I will be sending some east to David and Roni and David's parents this week.  I found that quite a few fit in a large, flat rate mailing box and they arrive in two or three days and the kids say they are still fresh and fine.


The Lenten Rose is blooming, appropriate for this time of the year.  It's always the first thing to bloom in my yard.

I decided to prune a few roses while the sun was still up.  You can see by the last image, that the sun was setting before I finished my goal, casting a beautiful orange glow to the yard.

A few rose bushes before pruning......

and after.

The glow of the late afternoon sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment