Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Happy May Day

I had a lovely May Day today, working in my yard and a surprise visit from the Harrington Kindergarten kids who delivered May Day baskets to several people in and around town.

It's been a few years since this school bus pulled up to the house!

May day bouquet!

The kids decorated the little buckets before filling them with flowers.  (Most of the flowers came from my yard!  I took in a large bucket yesterday to the classroom.)
While the kiddos were here, they toured the chicken house and were thrilled to see chicks, older hens and of course Sir Charles the rooster.  Every year, Mrs. Sanford, with help from Linda Colbert, hatch out chicks in their classroom.  Yesterday and today happened to be chick hatching day!

Kindergarten kids gathering the eggs.  Only two cracked!

It was a treat today, to spend most of the day outside, pruning roses and cleaning up flower beds.  I made good progress and hope to finish the roses tomorrow.  It's a huge project, but one I enjoy.

This pile of canes is from one rose bush!  

And here is my wheel barrow loaded and ready to head to the burn pile.  

The sky was so beautiful today.


Both sweet cherry trees and the pie cherry are in full bloom.  The bees are frantic with all the work there is to do!

This gal has full pollen sacks and looking for more!

My pruning/clean up goal for today was to make it the rock garden.  This is what it looked like before I got in and did the pruning, dead heading and general clean up.

And here's what it looks like after.  You can see, by the angle of the sun, that there was a lapse of time between before and after!



No comments:

Post a Comment