Thursday, February 6, 2020

A new rug

Almost a year ago, Brenda sent me a You Tube link to "Making a Jelly Roll Rug".  It seemed like a fun thing to make, and not that difficult.  I started it during the spring quilt retreat nearly a year past now.  I was tired of the mess hanging around so decided to make the up the rug.  It was a fun project and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

This is the "rope" that I made during spring '19 quilt retreat.  It's made from 2 1/2" strips of fabric, sewn end to end.  Next cotton batting is sandwiched and secured withing the 2 1/2" strips.  This took a long time!

Starting the rug by butting the strip together and then securing with a wide zig zag stitch.

You continue on in this manner, taking care to keep the rug flat.

I am lucky that I have a large flat surface to work.

The pile of rope is getting smaller!



And the finished product.  I really like how this turned out for the tub room.

No comments:

Post a Comment