Friday, March 20, 2020

Virtual Quilt Retreat

Today is the first day of our Stitchin' Chicks spring quilt retreat.  Two weeks ago we decided to cancel our in person retreat at the barn. So, we're doing a virtual retreat. 

I'm just going to post stuff that I'm working on here, but rest assured, the Stitchin' Chicks are hard at work this weekend, sewing up a storm! 

It's going to be a gorgeous weekend weather wise, so I'm sure a few others will be doing some outdoor work as well, including me.  I have been pruning the roses that aren't covered by a snow bank! 

Okay, first up is this quilt that I have been working on piecing for the last few weeks.  I thought this one was going to be "a quick one" but not so much.  Admittedly, I have had a little trouble with math but I think I'm close enough to the end now that I can accurately add 2 plus 2 and come up with 4.  In my defense, at least a little bit, I am making it bigger and it is set on point which for some reason made it harder for my brain to do the figuring.  My goal is to get this all pieced by the end of the weekend. 



I found this book in the barn give away box a few days ago when I was out setting up for retreat.  I have a plan for this little project.  For this weekend I plan to get it traced on to some muslin and perhaps sit on the porch, in the sun, with needle and thread and of course a glass of wine, and do some stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment