Sunday, May 3, 2020

Construction project

I have been struggling with my strawberry bed.  I used to have my strawberries on the south side of the garden but they got too much shade from the fruit trees so I moved them to the north side of the garden, where they got more sun, and they liked that better.  But, strawberries like to run and I felt the need to contain them some how.  I am a person that likes boundaries so I decided to build a slightly raised bed.

We used lumber from a barn that we are going to take down.  Nice hefty boards from interior livestock stalls.

It took me two days, but I did this all by myself!  Looking forward to harvesting gallons of berries in the future.

Again, in my quest for neat and tidy, this was not working for me!

Construction in progress.....

Strawberry plants in these five gallon buckets in water.  

Filling the sections with composted garden and yard trimmings.  

Berries planted, soaker hose in place.  I know this stressed the plants, and this project really should have been done last fall.  But, it's finished now.  If I keep the plants wet they should recover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment