Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Late season sewing room projects

Because spring has been late in coming, I was able to sneak in a few more projects before I need to put the needle up on the sewing machine.  Trying to finish up a few projects that have been around for awhile.


I made this little embroidery wall hanging for the barn.  Needs to be lightly quilted and bound, but other than that it's finished.




Back to jelly roll projects!  This is a jelly roll rope bag that I have had in mind to make for several years.  I made one out of darker fabric about four years ago, but wanted a bright and cheerful one for spring.

Pockets for cell phone, reading glasses and well.....what ever else one puts in a tote.

And, inspired by my friend Cheryl, who is at least as organized as I am, if not more, I purchased these nifty plastic bins for my scrap fabric.  This level of tidy pleases my brain!

From this......

it's organized, but could just be a little more tidy.

so, this happened!  Thanks Cheryl!!
And then, one cold and windy day, I pulled this out of my pre-cut project stack!  I made a quilt out of this fabric several years ago and had quite a bit left over.

In an effort to use up before buying new, I decided to do just that!

Finished piecing the top last night.  Ready to send off to be quilted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment