Tuesday, January 20, 2015

All is Calm All is Bright

I finished cleaning and organizing my room late yesterday afternoon.  It's so nice to have order back!!

Mom and dad came out last night for dinner to celebrate mom's birthday.  In addition to dinner, we all discussed the plan for the sewing center.  The discussion was great, lots of good ideas. So many great ideas, such a long discussion, that dinner burned!  Mom and dad were kind and gracious about it all.  Such wonderful parents in so many ways!  Oh well......dessert was good though!  Warm chocolate chip cookie bowls with ice cream and hot fudge.  Salvaged the evening!

Anyway, unlike the cutting table, where I gave my dad very little direction, I have a few more ideas for the sewing center.  Though, my dad has such a good design eye, that I hate to give too many specifics.  It's fun to watch his creativity unfold.

a clean floor and everything in it's place  

this is where the new cutting table will go   we moved the bench to the shop yesterday

the icky cabinet and my sewing maching

the ironing center!

the new sewing center will go on this wall  

my stitching nest, when Baxter hasn't claimed the chair!

this is a fun little shelf that my brother made in high school shop!  the bottom shelf is a pin cushion collection

another view of the room!
I spent some time this morning sewing.  Beth quilted the Valentine quilt that I made for my mom for her birthday.  She did a great job!!!  This morning I sewed the binding on and will stitch that down either today or tomorrow.  Also worked on the motor home throw.  I have five more rows to sew together!  I really really love how this quilt is turning out.  Reynald also loves it!  Hoping to have a photo of the completed project soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment