Thursday, January 15, 2015

dreaming

The sun is trying to poke through this afternoon after many days of fog, low clouds and overcast skies.  We took the outdoor Christmas lights down this morning, which makes me think that spring will be here soon, I'm sure before I get all my sewing projects finished and the deep cleaning of the house done!

Thinking of spring today makes me think of my garden and yard.  I love the Territorial Seed catalog, though I don't order many seeds from them.  I feel they are a little too expensive, especially when I get in to a 50 cent per package sale at the General Store in Spokane! But I love their catalog.  One year I ordered all my seeds from Territorial and I had a lovely garden.  Last year I  bought all my seed at the General Store and also had a lovely garden, with more produce than we could possibly every use.  So, unless it's a something that's a little less than run of the mill, I will go the less expensive route!

Pictured here is the catalog, last year's Farmer's Almanac calendar that Beth gave me (she gave me one for Christmas this year too!  I love this calendar!), and a fun journal cover that I made for my garden journal.

I have had the felted wool to make this project for several years.  (you may see a pattern here, of having fabric for years before it gets made in to anything!)  Beth loaned me the pattern which is an old one from Crabapple Hill.  I really love how it turned out.  Now if I can just be disciplined and actually write in this handy little journal!

journal, 2014 calendar and the new Territorial seed catalog

a closer look at the journal cover

inside, you just slip in a composition notebook
And, here's a photo of my dog, without a care in the world!  This is a sheep skin that I bought from David's Aunt Alice.  When they butcher a sheep or a lamb, her son in-law skins the animal and then she sends it off to a tanner.  It's the world's most soft and cozy thing to sit on!  Baxter wasn't quite sure about it at first.  It smells like something he needs to  chase, but it just sits there on the chair and invites him to snuggle in!  By now, he has gotten used to it, and as you can see, he's extremely content and comfortable!!!

2 comments: