Saturday, January 24, 2015

If Life Gives You Lemons......

make a lemon meringue pie!  My little Myers lemon bush (can't really call it a tree 'cause it's shaped more like a bush!) gave us 7 beautiful lemons.  I harvested them yesterday and decided to use two of them in a lemon meringue pie.  It was soooooo good!!!!

Meyer lemon "bush"

a few of the lemons


the pie!


My dad finished my cutting table and he and Reynald moved it in to my room last night.  It's so beautiful.  I can't wait to cut out a new quilt!!!  It was a small gesture, but mom and dad stayed for dinner last night, and had a piece of the lemon meringue pie!  Didn't burn dinner this time, so I felt redeemed after the disaster birthday dinner earlier this week!
cutting table disassembled

dad putting some finishing touches on

dad and the assembled cutting table  

tucks right in to this space

or, it can be pulled out to flip up the end leaf, and to walk around on all sides

4 comments:

  1. Grandpa, this is incredible! Turned out so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa, this is incredible! Turned out so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the pie is so incredible looking!! and what a neat cutting table!

    ReplyDelete