Friday, January 23, 2015

Pitching for Spokane Public Radio

Yesterday was a very interesting day for me.  I was asked to help pitch for Spokane Public Radio for their "Moving to a Sound Future" building fund.  It was a one day pledge drive and the goal for the day was to raise $175,000!  I was on air for one hour with a very nice woman named Bridget and Verne Windham was the host.  I was a little jittery at first but found my sea legs about half way through the hour.  After that,  I could have gone on for another hour or maybe even two!  It was fun once I got over being kind of nervous!  AND, thanks to the generous support of listeners, the goal was met, and then some!!


my first radio apprearnce!

a view of the very cramped quarters at KPBX
After I finished at the radio station, the general manager gave us a tour of the new building.  It's an old fire station, located on N, Monroe street in Spokane.  It was built in 1917 so it's almost one hundred years old.  It has been placed on the Historic Registry so renovations are being done, keeping as much of the historic feel and flavor of the building as possible.

It's going to be an amazing space for the radio station, and for the community.  Spokane Pubic Radio is indeed PUBLIC!  I believe that everything they do, is done with our community and region at the forefront.  If you have not supported the station, I strongly suggest that you consider making a donation either to the capitol campaign, or to the general operating budget, or both!  (Still pitching....just couldn't get enough of it!)  It's worth every penny that you can devote!

 Reynald was so excited to go to Spokane yesterday because he wanted to go to the big RV show at the fair grounds!  I put on my happy face and followed along!!  Didn't see anything that either one of us would trade the S.S. Rolinco for!  Sure, things are shiny and new, and they all look a whole lot better on the outside that the S.S. Rolinco, which is just about the ugliest motor home on the road, but inside, there wasn't a thing in any one coach that we liked better.  Well, perhaps most of the windows are bigger than the tiny one that Reynald shoved me through last spring!  Motivation to keep working out and not eat too much chocolate......just in case we get locked out again!

I took a few pictures of the new tear drop tow behind campers that all the rage now.  Would be really fun if you were young and childless!  They're cute and quaint and cozy, but I really love my queen size bed in the Rolinco!

reynald standing in front of a tear drop camper

the kitchen in the rear of the camper    kinda cute!



3 comments: