Sunday, August 30, 2015

Hiding out!

Yesterday was a miserable weather day.  The wind blew and the dust stormed!  It was all predicted, so Baxter and I hid out in the basement most of the day.  Every time I thought it was safe to come up, it was not!  This morning we had 368 drops of rain!  It smells so good but hasn't done much in the way of washing off all the dust on EVERYTHING!

So, since I was hiding, I worked on Oliver's car quilt!  (Twist my arm just a little harder!)  I think it turned out really cute!!  I also changed the quilt in the guest room to the fall quilt.  I think I've posted a few photos of this earlier in the year, but here are a couple more.  My goal is to have seasonal quilts for all the beds!  It's a quick and easy way to decorate.  That will keep me busy for a few years!

Oliver's car quilt.  Oops, forgot to twist it before I posted......sorry.  It's cute though, don't you think?

Baxter just passed out for most of the day. 

This sleeping position just cracked me up!

Here's the fall quilt for the guest room.

I knew I wanted to do this quilt in browns (imagine that!) but I didn't think it would look this nice in this purple room.  Hard to tell how nice the colors work together from this photo, but they do.  



2 comments: