Sunday, September 27, 2015

super moon

Tonight we had a super moon....and a total eclipse.  It was so cool.  The moon rose over the eastern horizon and it was already eclipsing.  We sat on the east porch and had our dinner and watched.  I took a few photos but it was much neater in person!

This isn't supposed to happen for another 18 years.  I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch again, with my dog and my husband to view the same beautiful phenomena!

Here is the moon just beginning to rise.  There is still a fair amount of light.

The sun was just setting in the west while this was going on in the east.


Both the sky and the moon are getting darker.

Nearly the full eclipse.


And now it's going back the other way.  Now the moon is extra bright, since it's closer to the earth tonight.  Even so, I think it will be dark enough to sleep, which is what I plan to do in just a few minutes!  

2 comments: