Saturday, June 18, 2016

Bee Garden

The bee garden under the windmill has been blooming like crazy the last two weeks.  I have a bit of a balance issue.  The poppies are all on the south side and the coreopsis are all on the north!  This is an easy fix.  Once everything goes to seed I will scatter some of each on the opposite side.

As seems to be my habit, I take more photos than perhaps need to be shared, and then I can't decide which ones to weed out, so  end up including quite a few more than is probably necessary!

Grab a cup of coffee and buzz through these images of bright and happy flowers.  The bees are frantic, trying to keep up with all that is blooming right now!

The bee garden!

Poppies


This is taken on the north side of the bee garden, facing south.  You can see that  it's very yellow on this side!


Coreopsis makes me smile!

This is a better illustration of my color imbalance!

These sweet peas went to seed last summer and I'm so happy they did!

They are so fragrant.  I cut some to bring in the house last night and the bouquet is perfuming the kitchen and dining room.

Bees love poppies.

And there are lots to love!
The day I took the bee garden photos, we  had another spectacular sunset.   It's such a treat to sit on the porch, with a glass of wine, after a long day of work, and take in the color and peace that comes at the end of our day on the farm.




3 comments:

  1. That's it, Tucker and I are moving in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! so many happy flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can one really take too many pictures of flowers? They are so beautiful; thanks for including the sunsets too.

    ReplyDelete