Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Concerts to Quilts

This coming weekend is The Stichin' Chicks spring quilt retreat.  Alicia helped me get the barn set up yesterday afternoon.  There's still a little bit to do, but we're close.  Friday afternoon at 2pm the fun and frivolity begins!

The weather forecast is for nasty weather, perfect for staying huddled up in the barn and getting lots of sewing and stitching done. 

Here's what the empty barn looks like, before we fill it up with sewing machines, knitting needles, finished projects, wine and tasty snacks!

The almost empty barn. 

I don't know where all the insects come from, or how they manage to infiltrate the barn when it is so cold, but here they are.  Also pictured here is my birthday present from last year, which I love!  

When I was mopping the floor I looked up and noticed the setting sun reflecting off the windmill blades.  

This old sewing machine was a barn gift from a friend.  It's a perfect accent to quilt retreat weekends.

My mom made this flag several years ago.  We hung it in the barn for a recital and have never taken it down.  It's perfect.

The barn quilt is hung ever retreat in the entry way.

Louise gave me this rooster a few years ago.  He has found a permanent place in the barn.

Beth made Aunt Esther for a family reunion long, long ago.  She too has found a permanent home in the barn, greeting all who enter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment